Monday, January 19, 2009

Posture

Posture is such a fundamental thing and so often people don't pay attention to it. I am no exception.

Kendo Sensei gave me heaps of help after class tonight and one thing he did was improve my posture. He pushed my lower back forward and made me stick out my stomach. Pulling my chin back and leaning back a bit I have really straightened my spine. From these adjustments my shoulders automatically fall back and my arms hang loose. I can feel more relaxed already.

Having good posture is also good for breathing (it is easier to fill the lungs properly with a straight back) and is good for focus - my eyes look straight forward and my head feels clearer.

I tried keeping a good posture on the way home and felt more alert on the road. I will try to keep better posture at work as well.

Posture is so fundamental.

No comments:

Post a Comment