Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Current Training

I haven't been posting much because I have been doing alot of training at the moment. Also, I have had lots of work and family commitments. I was going to post the videos that I took at the Kendo Nationals, but haven't had time to edit them yet. Also someone from the Dojo is going to more professionally edit the videos that they took with any other they can get (including mine) for a DVD for everyone to reflect upon.

Therefore I will most probably just edit video of my matches so people can see me get defeated - this keeps my humility and is in line with the narcissistic nature of blogging. I shall also try to post some comments about what happened, and especially the semiar with the 2 Hachidan's, which was one of the most significant martial arts experiences I have had, ever!

In the meantime I suggest you have a look at Vivian Yung's write up of her experiences of the Kendo nationals. I have been reading her blog for a while and we discussed blogging at the nationals. We naturally discussed Kendo too!

http://nintai.blogspot.com/2009/04/34akc-shomen-ni-rei.html

At the moment my training regime has been approximately this:

Monday: Kendo. (I missed the last 2 weeks due to work/injuries and did a 9 km run instead)

Tuesday: Weight training.

Wednesday: 9 km run (though this week Kendo because I missed Monday's training)

Thursday: No Gi BJJ; Gi BJJ - 3 hours total!

Friday: 9 km run or kata and kihon. Try for Kendo kihon inside

Saturday: 3-4 hours bunkai research at night

Sunday: 2 hours normal Karate class + 1 hour informal kata training with seniors (Sanseiru at the moment) + 1 hour of bunkai and conditioning with students or 1 hour bag work at home

No comments:

Post a Comment